Review: Samsung Ultrabook Series 5 Ultra NB NP 540


I am not sure if I can call it a hobby or just being geek but I'm having fun of changing my mobiles, tablets, laptops and now my new baby - Ultrabook.  I love my slim HP Pavilion dm4 but I don't used it often so I decided to give it to my younger brother.

Last Friday, my friend and I were at the mall when I see a very a sleek and classy Ultrabook.  I don't have any plans of buying any gadgets as I'm saving for a vacation trip but I ended up purchasing Samsung Ultrabook NB NP 540.



To wrap up this new baby of mine, I am presenting to you its features and specifications!

Inside the Box

Samsung box contains the Samsung Ultrabook Series 5, slim charger, manuals and international warranty card.

Case and Design

Samsung Ultrabook appearance is very catchy as it looks elegant in a carbon gray color.  Its executive element brings its surface to feel like a costly one. Despite its edge over other ultrabook in the market, it doesn't look slim at first glance because of having tray loading optical drive on right side.



It has 14 inch LED display shared graphics and a very light weight of 4 pound.  It feels like sturdy and resisted fingerprints as well.

Connectivity

Its compact build manages to allocate three usb ports, hdmi, wlan port and optical drive.  Not bad for ultrabook like this as other ultrabooks has only two ports and to note, they don't have optical drive slot. 802.11n wi-fi and bluetooth connectivity are very easy to locate in the function keys.


Keyboard and Touchpad

Keyboard style and shape are almost similar to my HP pavilion dm4 laptop and Mac laptop, simple but elegant.  The matter black keys were large, had a slightly gritty surface, and a satisfying amount of travel and response when typing.  It would have been great if the keyboard has backlit but there's none.


The touchpad is spacious 4x2.1 inch.  Multi gestures can easily be executed and the large mouse below is just right amount of snap.

Webcam

The camera centered above the display is fair enough to be rated as very good.  The tone is accurate but sometimes images are lacked in details.


Performance

A 1.7-GHz Intel Core i3-3217 processor, 500 GB Hard disk, 4 GB DDRIII RAM, Windows 8 OS.


Graphics

At par when it comes to graphics issue with most ultrabook in market, it is sufficient enough to play movies and handling games.


Software

Has 30 day trial Norton Internet Security, pre installed ganes and Microsoft 2010 trial edition.

Battery Life

It has been two days since I'm using this, battery lasts for 3.5 to 4 hours when it is connected to wifi and browsing net, playing videos and music.  The battery is inbuilt to the ultrabook.

Warranty

The shop where I bought this Samsung Ultrabook provides 1 year warranty and Samsung provides 1 year international warranty as well.

Reactions:

2 comments:

Ganda ng pagkagawa at design, magkano bili mo dito?

not that expensive. sobrang okay sya.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...